Professional Training Programme in Bowen Family Systems Theory
Continuing study Nov. 2020 - Aug 2021
- To enhance the systemic perspective in viewing human behavior and interpersonal relationships.
- To promote neutrality and objectivity in observation and conceptualization of human behaviors and societal events.
- To sharpen the student’s awareness of his/her own emotional reactivity patterns.
- To facilitate efforts to manage self and develop well-thought-out principles to guide one’s behaviours.
- To promote research and writing on Bowen theory.
- 4 monthly class sessions, each session 4 hours.
- 4 monthly group supervision sessions, each session 4 hours.
- 6 or 3 monthly individual supervision sessions.
- Class – Lecture /presentation/discussion by Peggy / video show on in depth study of specific subjects. (1.5 hr.)
Suggested topics for this year – trauma, self-soothing, systems thinking during heightened anxiety and intensity, and Bowen theory and various aspects of science, etc.
- Discussion on book /article study or /and video – 1.5 hour
- Student presentation – 1 hour (2 students, each 0.5 hr.)
You are very welcome to suggest topics of study for this coming year.
It is hoped that students can take more initiative and commitment to reading on Bowen theory. There will be prescribed readings for each session (manageable, short pieces), and sharing on thoughts about the readings during the session. I think the reading will be very helpful for our learning.
Sat 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Lecture / Presentation / Disscussion
|Nov 18, 2020||1|
|Dec 12, 2020||1|
|Jan 16, 2021||2|
|Feb 20, 2021||2|
|Mar 20, 2021||3|
|Apr 17, 2021||3|
|May 22, 2021||4|
|Jul 3, 2021||4|
HK$10,000 (6 individual supervision sessions)
HK$ 8,500 (3 individual supervision sessions)
Peggy Chan MEd, RSW.