Professional Training Programme in Bowen Family Systems Theory
Continuing study (B) – 2023
- To enhance the systemic perspective in viewing human behavior and interpersonal relationships.
- To promote neutrality and objectivity in observation and conceptualization of human behaviors and societal events.
- To sharpen the student’s awareness of his/her own emotional reactivity patterns.
- To facilitate efforts to manage self and develop well-thought-out principles to guide one’s behaviours.
- To promote research and writing on Bowen theory.
- 4 monthly class sessions, each session 4 hours.
- 4 monthly group supervision sessions, each session 4 hours.
- 6 monthly individual supervision sessions.
- Class – Lecture /presentation/discussion by Peggy on in-depth study of specific subjects. (1.5 hr.)
Suggested topics for this year – forgiveness, neurofeedback, violence, anxiety, Bowen theory and various aspects of science, etc.
- Discussion on book /article study or /and video – 5 hour
- Student presentation – 1 hour (2 students, each 5 hr.)
You are very welcome to suggest topics of study for this coming year.
It is hoped that students can take more initiative and commitment to reading on Bowen theory. There will be prescribed readings for each session (manageable, short pieces), and sharing on thoughts about the readings during the session. I think the reading will be very helpful for our learning.
Please note that coaching or individual supervision is an integral part of the study. It is essential that study and practice of the conceptual knowledge is substantiated with on-going and regular reflection of the self through coaching /individual supervision.
PTP – Continuing Study (B) 2023 Schedule
2 pm – 6 pm
|Apr.1, 2023 (Sat)||May, July, Sept. & Nov., 2023
Members will fix the dates for one supervision session in each of the above month.
|Jun.10, 2023 (Sat)|
|Aug. 5, 2023 (Sat)|
|Oct. 7, 2023 (Sat)|
HK$10,000 (6 individual supervision sessions)
Peggy Chan MEd, RSW.